One Night: Full Circle build 5.3 Update
Hello again, horror fans! This quick blog post is just to let you know that a new version of my survival horror adventure game One Night: Full Circle (Build 5.3) is now online, adding a few much-needed updates to the game and addressing a couple of requests made by players.
This new build isn’t drastically different to the previous builds (at least, not on the same level that my recent updates to the first One Night and Legionwood were) but there’s still a fair amount of new content in the game to check out.
The changes to Build 5.3 include:
– Items, supplies, files and weapons are now sorted into different inventory tabs, making it a lot easier to locate items.
– Puzzle items that are no longer needed are removed from the inventory to prevent clutter.
– Due to popular demand, the Electric Saw item that is found in the University can now be equipped as a weapon, rather than just being a puzzle item. It is much stronger than the Handgun but has limited uses.
– The writing in cutscenes and files has been cleaned up and errors rectified/awkward sentences rewritten.
– The morality counter has been adjusted so that it is now actually possible to get the good ending (previously, it was set up in such a way that you couldn’t ever get enough good morality to unlock the ending). I’m not sure how this bug went unnoticed for such a long period of time, but it’s fixed now.
– Game events have been slightly optimised to cut down on lag that some people were experiencing.
I also discovered that the entire One Night trilogy now has a TV Tropes page that was created by someone who apparently really likes the games. Check it out here.
For those who haven’t played it, One Night: Full Circle is a freeware indie survival horror game in the vein of Silent Hill and Resident Evil made in RPG Maker VX. You play the part of Tom Hawkin, an orphaned young adult whose journalist sister Alyssa vanished in the town of Stillwater, when the population of the town were mysteriously wiped out on one fateful night. Your goal is to explore the town and look for clues, while doing your best to survive horrible monsters, solve tricky puzzles and gather enough supplies to make it through the adventure. This new version makes it even more enjoyable, so be sure to check it out.